: Computer Software
: Information Technology
: Manager / Senior Manager / Department Head
As an Engineering Manager at Urbanhire you will work with engineers, CTO and product managers to deliver the highest quality products into the market.
As a manager you are not building a product, you are building a team that knows how to build products.
- Lead and work across multiple engineering teams to improve workflow and delivery.
- Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built.
- Though you will not be expected to regularly code, you will need to fully grasp code and architecture concerns.
- Grow, develop, and manage the teams.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members.
- Own the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack, WhatsApp and other communication channels.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Drive engineering excellence and ensure teams are delivering high-value results.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals. Identify and eliminate distractions to the teams.
- Work with a CTO, Product Manager and Tech Lead to ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood.
- Work with CTO to design and maintain the company's technical architecture and implement external technology solutions where required.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy, provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create and provide regular feedback loops.
- Work closely with the Urbanhire recruiting team to hire high potential talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing, Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Urbanhire’s continuing success.
- Experience as a software engineer
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Track record of delivering successful products as an engineer and a team lead.
- Experience guiding continuous improvement of process and technology.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Urbanhire.
- You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Node.js, MongoDB or Elasticsearch should be perfect.
Communication SkillsProduct DevelomentLeadershipSoftware ArchitectureProduct ManagementTeam ManagementElasticsearchMongoDBNode.jsMicroservices
What we proudly offer:
- 12 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- A chance to join a company with "can do" and "celebrate the difference" culture
- Great career progression possibility
- Most importantly, room and facility for you to share and build your ideas and growing as though leader