: Information Technology and Services
: Senior Staff/ Supervisor / Coordinator / Team Leader
UI / UX Designer
Qlue is a social media platform that lets you connect with your neighbourhood as well as to improve its condition. We work together with government to allow citizens to report problems in real-time and gives the government the ability to monitor officials and to address the problems.
Qlue is seeking a creative and hands-on UI / UX Designer who combines a passion for clean, usable design with an ability to bring designs to life. Working alongside product, engineering, and marketing, you’ll craft elegant, user-centered solutions to complex data and interaction problems.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about delivering well designed & efficient code and love problem solving.
- Iteratively improving user interfaces based on data and user tests,
- Translate broad, complex ideas into clear, delightful design products,
- Design simple, effective, and beautiful design solutions to help execute the product vision and brand strategy,
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to define and deliver a consistent design language,
- Working closely with Back end, Front end, web developer and mobile app engineers for platform specific interfaces,
- Present design rationale and concepts to the executive team and understand business needs to achieve excellent results.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision or AdobeXD.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience on a product or user experience team for a web or mobile application,
- Strong business sense and experience working with senior leadership,
- Fluency with design principles and best practices,
- Strong analytic, creative thinking, and collaboration skills,
- Comfort working across the product development spectrum: ideation, strategy, concept work to pixel-level details, and implementation
- Strong visual design sense and ability to design within, and help define, visual guidelines,
- Ability to quickly master technical skills in a fast-paced startup environment and solve complex problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader team,
- Experience managing user and usability research projects is a plus,
- Passionate in making our city better through technology.
User InterfaceUIUser ExperienceUXDesignInVisionAdobeXDAdobeIllustratorInDesignAdobe IllustratorAdobe InDesignMobile Design
- A work hard/play hard environment surrounded by smart people with a broad base of experience.
- To see your work help shape a new product that makes a difference for likely millions of people.
- Opportunity to be involved in a project that handles the latest technology around.
- Catered lunches, free coffee, swimming pool, team building activity, BBQ night in green zen office.